Source: Tourist Israel
Last year the world watched as acclaimed photographer Spencer Tunick photographed thousands of naked Israelis floating in the waters of the Dead Sea. The iconic photo was seen by over half a billion people and highlighted the environmental threats the Dead Sea, the lowest place on Earth is facing. On September 14, 2012, Israelis will again to the Dead Sea accompanied by Spencer Tunick, for a night of awareness-raising and fun…
Dead Sea Environmental Float
- Buses leave Tel Aviv at 12am on Friday September 14, to arrive at the Dead Sea by 3am:
- Between 3am-5am, there will be a concert and jamming session on the beach with musicians playing acoustic songs (bring your guitars and drums to join in).
- Following this, from 5am – 6am there will be talks about the Dead Sae and its future, and there will be an opening ceremony
- After this, Spencer Tunick will invite everyone into the water to float together and will speak to the international media, and photographers will take pictures of the participants individually and collectively.
- At 10am buses will return to Tel Aviv
This is not a naked event like last year’s. It will be amazing and unforgettable, regardless.
Attendance is reliant upon making a small donation ($1+) here. Bus from Tel Aviv costs $25 – you can also pay here.