The full list of terrorists that are to be released in exchange for kidnapped Israeli soldier Gilad Shalit is expected to be made public by Sunday.
The Justice Ministry, led by Director General Dr. Guy Rotkopf, held a meeting on the issue on Wednesday afternoon.
The Ministry said in a statement that the meeting dealt with the coordination required between all the parties involved in applying the Shalit deal, as well as with the clarification of the legal issues involved in the deal.
The statement added that the list of the 450 terrorists who are to be released as part of the first stage of the deal, as well as the 27 female terrorists who will be released, will be made public by early Sunday morning at the latest.
The list is being made public so that Israelis who have any objections to any of the terrorists being released can appeal to the Supreme Court.
It should be noted, however, that the Supreme Court usually dismisses such appeals.
The Justice Ministry said that the list will be printed on the Israeli Prison Service website and added that when that happens, it will be operating a telephone hotline to answer inquiries from the public.
“As has been done previously, we intend to make available to the public a time period of at least 48 hours from the time the prisoners’ list is published to file appeals and objections to the release of one prisoner or another,” the Ministry said.