ISRAEL LONGHORN PROJECT
AN ENVIRONMENTAL / AGRICULTURAL
501c (3) NONPROFIT TO HELP
ISRAEL AND EAST AFRICA
TO DONATE PLEASE CLICK HERE
IMPORTANT: Please watch the videos below. You will not believe the unreported testimonies of arab violence again Israeli farmers.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for the rest of his life”, that is what we are doing with these cattle.
The quote is from (Moses) Maimonides, a Jewish rabbi, physician, and philosopher (1135 - 1204).
Israel Faces a Serious
Environmental, Security and Agricultural Problem
You know that if we don't solve the problem this way Israel will have to use soldiers and lots of people will die.
Beef Cattle are Failing to
Thrive in Israel’s Desert Environment
HELP KEEP ISRAEL STRONG
“The Israeli Arabs in the Galilee are determined to intimidate thousands of Jews to leave the Galilee. This is organized and funded by The New Israel Fund and I’lam.” Israel Behind The News.
SUPPORT THE “ISRAEL LONGHORN PROJECT” TO DO JUST THAT
Our Israel Longhorn Project will help
Israeli and East African Farms* and Ranches
¬Longhorns crossbreed to Israeli cattle will create a hybrid (heterosis). This hybrid will have high quality meat and be able to function in Israel’s desert environment. Improving Israel’s cattle industry and its quality of the beef.
¬Longhorns can eat invasive shrubs and cacti, decreasing Galilean fire hazards, and lower their feed costs.
¬Longhorns can go further and longer with less water.
¬Longhorns have higher reproduction rates and very low loss rates allowing Israeli ranchers to use fewer cattle and get higher incomes.
¬Longhorns have excellent calving and mothering abilities; they can produce more & healthier calves up to 20 years.
¬Longhorns have horns and know how to use them to protect themselves and their calves from both human and animal predators. This will alleviate the high theft and loss rate. And allow ranchers to go home for Shabbat knowing that both the longhorn and his few cowboys can protect the herd.
¬Longhorns are highly resistant to diseases reducing their medial costs. This increases the amount of cattle that are suitable for kosher meat, fewer signs of disease and parasites.
¬Longhorns even though they are dangerous cattle they can be trained to both voice and behavior commands. Allowing ranchers and even their children to work with them safely.
¬We can alleviate the problem of illegal immigration from Africa. By setting up clinics where African migrants can learn the cattle trade and set up ranches at home in Africa. צהל can help train them to defend themselves, their village and homes creating a sort of African Chalutzim.
¬We can use Israel cattle industry to encourage young American Jews to train in Texas, and make Aliyah to work the land. Beit Shemesh area is a hot spot for American olim and it would be an ideal place to absorb American cattle ranchers.
¬Longhorns will be used to help produce meat for those in Israel who cannot even afford a little meat for their Shabbat Dinner.
Israel is now raising America's finest beef cattle -- plump, docile European breeds. Adapted to temperate grassy plains, they were put into Israel’s hostile desert environment where there is little or no grass.
• European beef cattle have poor disease resistance, genetic diseases and high losses due to predators.
• European beef cattle have higher feed costs, requiring non-native feeds, they do not eat the non-native invasive shrubs, or invasive cactus.
• European beef cattle have high calf losses (as high as 30%) and low reproduction rates. Israel’s Golden Jackal, a small animal, bites the nose of the calf as it is being born and strangles it before it drops from the mother to the ground, dead. The mother cow does nothing to protect her new born calf.
• European beef cattle have poor mothering skills and high rate of birth complications.
• Due to the high losses, more cattle are required on pasture, causing more environmental damage.
• An out of control extremely high theft rate of Israeli cattle.
• Many Israeli ranches use only 3 strand of loose Barbed wire fencing. Thieves don’t need to cut the fences to steal the cattle. The cattle just walk through fences as if it was melted butter.
• Many Israeli ranches do not have enough help. Rancher’s find themselves working 24 hours a day, 365 days a year almost without any time for families or even Shabbat.
• Massive animal and livestock die off in Kenya and East Africa, due to drought, over grazing, poor management of water resources, poor cattle management and using the wrong type of cattle. More African counties have been asking for our our help.
Help us bring Texas Longhorn Cattle to Israel.
We need Your Donations to Make this a Reality. This is a Zionist project.
Dr. Meori Rosen, Ministry of Agriculture Israel Extension Service.
Chaim Dyan of AMBAL (Israel cattle breeders Association) and Migal - Galilee Technological Center, in Kyriat Shmona. Karei Deshe Range Station.
Zvi Herman Agriculture advisor at Israel Embassy Israel Washington
Orit Noked Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development
Silvan Shalom Vice Prime Minister, Minister of Regional Cooperation Minister of the Development of the Negev and Galilee
Avigdor Liberman Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs
Daniel Ayalon Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs
We are registered at Guidestar.org, a national nonprofit registry and at jchoice.org, Jewish Causes of Choice.
Israel Longhorn Project
815 Hill St. # 5
Belmont, CA 94002
650.631.9270 / 03.722.6108